It’s been a week since the last day of the #31days31waysremix prompt went out – Halloween was the final day. When Saturday morning rolled around, I’m not going to lie – I felt a little adrift. This was my first fashion-related challenge of any kind, and I really missed the direction that the prompt leant to my daily outfit selection (I’m fickle that way – I love a suggestion, hate a mandate. I have to make very loose meal plans and homeschooling schedules! 😉 )
So, as you might have seen – I’ve decided to run through the prompts again! It can’t hurt, right? I’m sure there’s still plenty to learn, and plenty of new outfits to unearth. It’s neat, because the daily prompts fall on different days of the week this month, which actually makes quite a difference to me, since my outfit needs vary widely day to day. Follow along this month as I try to come up with new outfits for the prompts once again! (I’m calling it Take Two).
But back to the wrap-up. There are individual blog posts for each day, just click on the day for details!
Day 29: Never Been Worn
Day 30: Masculine + Feminine (Just realized I missed a blog post here! Crazy).
Day 31: Freestyle
10 Lessons Learned:
- Remixing is fun!
- Prompts help me focus.
- Stepping out of my comfort zone is scary AND rewarding.
- Dresses are more versatile than I gave them credit for.
- Accessories really DO make a difference and add so much variety. I was a skeptic, but it’s really true.
- To that end, a couple more pairs of versatile shoes and necklaces would go a long way to spice things up (thinking a pair of converse OR casual slip-ons AND a pair of booties. My birthday is next month! 🙂 )
- Seeing photos of myself in outfits is very educational/informational. It’s interesting that the photo image is different from the mirror image, but it’s true and it helped me make subtle changes and really SEE the silhouette of an outfit more clearly.
- There are a lot of outfits hiding in my closet – like a LOT more. I had absolutely no clue.
- I still love thrifting, that’s not going to change. But now I have a MUCH better sense of missing basic pieces, so I’m able to really focus and be much more mindful and efficient when shopping.
- I like this little fashion blog. Doing something daily like this takes the stress out of the blogging experience – I don’t have to wait until I have something super important or mind-blowing to share – I’m just here, doing my thing every day, experimenting and reporting back on my experience. Doing it daily makes it a no-brainer and weirdly takes pressure off of me.
Linking back to Greater Than Rubies – the fabulous host of the remix! Thanks for all the great prompts, Caitlin!
Thoughts? I’d love to hear them!